Tuesday, February 2, 2010


"Ev'rybody knows
That Baby's got new clothes
But lately I see her ribbons and her bows
Have fallen from her curls."

I feel as if "people" are not really people anymore. Everyone markets themselves like a brand. We advertise ourselves on the internet like it matters. Like the newest photo of myself matters. There it is. That is what I wake up looking like, that is what I walk around looking like, that is what I go to sleep looking like. I get tired looking at myself, yet I still took this photo with my computer to show everyone what I look like to-day. Like this day my face looks different. But it doesn't. It is the same as yesterday & will be the same as tomorrow.

I want to make my mind beautiful again. I want to forget wanting to be told I'm pretty. Pretty isn't worth much. At some point I just gave up on things I liked to fill my time with. I stopped reading, exploring music, collaging, taking photos. I haven't put a single record on my turntable in over a year. When did I lose myself to all this hype?


No comments:

Post a Comment